Thursday 6 June 2019

Wellington Camp Reflection

Wellington camp

As I climb I can feel my hands slipping off the plastic rocks. I am hanging backwards and clinging on for dear life. As I grab onto my rope I hear the professional rock climbers yelling out to let go of the rope and hold onto the plastic rocks. I start sweating really bad. "My arms are killing me," I think slowly. I take a big leap to get to the next plastic rock. "Go Bella, you can do this" I hear my friends shout. I concentrate hard on their words as I heave myself up to the next plastic rock as I try to build up my grip. I take another leap and find myself where the hook that you need to unhook is. I am trying to keep my grip but my hands keep slipping. I want to take a break but I think "You can do it Bella. Just remember what your friends said." I take one more go and then start thinking "I'm really tired my arms are dying and I wanna fall asleep and rest," Then all of a sudden I shout out "Could you please lower me down." "Are you sure." I hear back. "Yes, I'm positive." "If you wish." I hear again. I put my legs out and feel myself getting lowered down till I'm sitting on the floor. I stand up and while I'm unclipping the harness I say "I'm definitely going to have another shot at the overhang next time I come up to Wellington!"


This is the overhang that I climbed on. I have no pictures of me climbing it though and that's not the full overhang cause it goes higher but it was still really fun.

11 comments:

  1. Kia ora Paroa School, this is Nese, Ilaisaane and Emora from Edmund Hillary School. We love all the details you put in. Sounds like you guys had fun so no questions or heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Paroa School, this is Ema from Edmund Hillary School. My school went to camp not long ago. I hope you had so much at camp and had a fun experience there. Your camp trip sound so fun so no questions and heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora this is Ellakaye from Edmund Hillary. I really love how exciting your camp experience sounds like. I was wondering if your experience at camp was exciting and fun?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Paroa School , This is Ruqayat from Edmund Hillary School I really love your story , It was very nice to read . I have only one question was your experience at camp fun?

    ReplyDelete
  5. kia ora this is Elena from Edmund Hillary School. I like how you did this my School went to camp to a long time ago I really loved your camp pictures.



    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello this is Tevita from Edmund Hillary school,
    Was it anyone's first time going to Wellington and was it scary climbing the rock ?Climbing at our camp it was scary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello my name is Karson and I am from Edmund Hillary School and I am a year five and was it fun going wall climbing and was it very high wha you had to climb and was it scary and did you fall down and did it make you not afraid of hight's and did you have a GREAT TIME?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Poroa school im from Edmund Hillary School and was it a great experince trying out something new and was it unexpected that you made to the top or not and I want to know if some of you didn't participate or did.
    Karson,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello paroa school this is Savannah and Victoria.We really found your post fun and fantastic. We are sure that yous had so much fun rock climbing and thank you to the person that prepared it all for yous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Bella! It's Miro here. I did the overhang as well! It's so fun when you unhook the rope and go swinging across the room, then come back down. Had you ever been to Wellington before? Did you go absailing?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Talofa Lava my name is Kaiva from Edmund Hillary School I really think that you guys make it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.